Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Steam Powered Gaming

So thanks to the guys over at Team Four Star I got turned on to Left 4 Dead 2. And since I don;t have an X-box, I saw that the game was for sale on Steam, so I rushed over there and picked it up.

Now I don't do well with mice and keyboard, console for life, so thanks to my brother he showed me Motion Joy, which is a program that makes me PS3 controller an X-box controller, a little tweaking and I am off killing Zombies and doing pretty well at it.

Later came Team Fortress 2 being free to play forever, just extra for special weapons/armor/swag..so I grabbed and tried that out, once again I was doing pretty good with a console vs mouse and keyboard, I mean I was getting shot by the more experience guys but it was still a ton of fun..can't wait to get back to it.

Now during June/July Steam had summer sale..Which they has all of the Sam and Max series on sale..seriously you want goofy story's with crazy characters..a point and click adventure..serious go pick up Sam and Max.

Another sale I caught which I am happy and pissed about was on a tip from Pixie and her Husband, I picked up Fall Out New Vegas for 15$. it wasn't untill a week ago that I noticed I could of gotten it on the PS3 for like 20$..I'm happy with it, and I'll write about it later. IfI had known that I would of gotten it on the PS3 and not a PC..but I got my controller mod so I am happy about it.

Problem with Steam, seems to be the same problem everyone has with Steam. If the Processor draw..it takes a lot of resources just to run, and sometimes cause my laptop to freeze. It also causes my system to over heat a lot..Seriously Steam needs to work on the processor/resources draw fixed..

Seriously you dig PC gaming..go pick up Steam and look around and pick up some games. Even if your not good with PC gaming..grab Motion Joy and rock out some control games.

No comments:

Post a Comment