Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Vegas after the Fallout

So on a tip from my friend Pixie and her husband I picked up the Shooting RPG Fall Out New Vegas, mostly because it was on sale on Steam. Yes I know I am late to the game on playing the Fall Out Series..but I am slow in embracing RPG change..

This is more RPG than Mass Effect but it's nor a pure like a Final Fantasy. But it is the most RPG shooter I have ever played.

You start off resetting your stats: Strengh, IQ, Agaility..your basic around stats. Than you pick your "perks" which are like your Traits and Skills from D&D.

Depending on how you want to build your character: Up Close Brawler, one handed gun user. Also that favor the different weapons types: 1 handed, 2 handed, Energy, Knuckles, bat like weapons.

So you wander around a huge desert making your way towards "New Vegas", doing quests for everyone..using find an items or blow the shit out of people. There are factions that you be friend or piss the fuck off. Be friend them and you get free stuff, piss someone off and you'll be shot..alot...

I'm not sure how far I am into the game, but I am enjoying it so far.

Current problems with the game stem form playing it on Steam. The Launcher program likes to freeze up alot..and sometimes the game will freeze from Steam processor over draw. So I am kinda mad that I didn't spend 5$ more to grab it on a disk..but it is what it is. I am enjoying a fun game despite issues sometime when loading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment