Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DWG 3 DLC Samauri Style




So yesterday Dyntasy Warrior Gundam 3 DLC has finally come out. So lets go into it some. There are 6 missions each are 1$, which I am not going into really here since I didn't buy and download those. I am going into the other DLC which is the Mr.Bushido/Susanowo DLC. I am just going over what they do in the game, not over what they do in the Anime.

Mr.Bushido is from the 2nd Season of 00 Gundam also known as Graham Aker.

When you download the DLC, his base stats seem to favor Melee/Shot and not really defense, which makes sense given that his suit does the same. When you go to the mission screen he doesn't have access to any of the story meetings, but access to everything else including his own personal mission. After he finishes his personal he become a Newtype and can play Newtype specific suits.
Now you can play as him for the Online play but the downside is that you can not select him as a Partner or as an Operator for any of the other characters, this kinda bums me out.  Also because of this whenever I play as him I use the Japanese voice setting, since his dub voice bugs me.

Now Mr.Bushido Mobile Suit is the Susanowo, a Melee type suit with very little long range attacks.


Susanowo's long range attacks only consits of a thrown beam charkam. A huge charged shot when using the long range button on the 5th part of the attack combo, and a triple fire huge shot when doing air born Special attack. But the rest of the suits attacks are high speed melee, even the base long range attack is a melee strike, it's a quick draw samauri style attack.

When using the special attack, like all of the other 00 Gundams, it enters a state called "Trans-Am", where speed and attack greatly increased, no attack changes happen then are just stronger and you move faster.

The downside to getting this suit DLC is that you can not purchase a license for it so other pilots can use it, which is so much of a downer.


Overall my take on the DLC is neutral at best, I bought it because I love the game and I love the series. I just wish he could be used as a support character and the suit playable by other characters. So at 6$ i feel kinda ripped off, this would of been better at a 4$ price tag

No comments:

Post a Comment