Thursday, August 18, 2011

The why Ga*mestop doesn't my money post..


Note: all the * in the title are well for my own paranoid safty, anyway enjoy our program in progress.

Secondly before I go into my own personal reasons of why I don't give them my money and my gaming money mostly goes to Amazon. Watch this, it is called 'Zero Originality" kinda of a Whistle Blower/Deep Throat about Ga*mestop. I will wait for 90ish mins while you watch.

 Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3 Part 1    Episode 3 Part 2   Episode 3 Part 3

Okay you back with me..? Do you feel slightly more enlightened..? I did after I first watched it, anyway onto the reason that spurred me to write this.

So I saw on Amazon that No-More-Heroes-Paradise was being released on August 16th, so while I was killing time at the Mall yesterday I went to Ga*me stop and asked for it, while the guy kinda stared blanky at me then his computer, he said "Doesn't that come out on the 23rd..? and I replied "I think it comes out on the 16th"..so I left the store and checked the Amazon App on my EVO to make sure, and there it was ready to be bought and for 30$ instead of 40$, so I rushed home since the app is hard to order on. And placed my Amazon Prime order for it and I will have it tomorrow, while everyone else goes to Ga*mestop, probably will pay 40$ and I will have 4 days play on it than you.

Also they never seem to have an of the new deluxe editions of stuff come out, I was going to give them 100$ for the inFamous 2 bundle, so i called them and they didn't have it, I even went out of my way to rub it in their faces saying, "I was going to give you guys 100$ but I'll give it to Amazon instead". And they didn't have the Catherine Box set, but the only retail store I heard of was Frys, I'll get to them more in a few.

Now I work at a Babies R us, it is my job to know everything about the products I sell so I can give an informed opinion to the guests. Associates at Ga*mestop are mostly not gamers, as seen here Picking up DWG3, if he was a gamer he would of seen my bag and made a comment about it, or know anything about Games as I talk about them, this is sad on some many levels, so many rookie gamers out there who need guidance seeking advice on picking a game and get nothing.

Personally my biggest complaint, as shown in the video as is common knowledge is the "Used Pricing", seriously 5 bucks off for a used game that could of been used as a coaster is not a savings. And all their deep discounted games are games most people wouldn't want to play anyway, yes I have found a gem or 2 while hunting the used games, but I was a rookie net gamer than so I didn't know. You want used games, go to Amazon, just make sure like if you shop on Ebay that someone has a high positive score. Second biggest compliant is their trade in value system, but thats bad where ever you go, but at Ga*meStop you can only use their credit there for take a cut and get the cash, if your going to sell; Sell to Amazon

Now you may be asking, who should I shop from since Ga*mestop bought out all the cool little stores: SoftWare Etc, Funco Land(remember them, I do) and other little places,to expand their suck empire..? Here is your list:

Amazon: usually taking cuts on games, plus the Prime service..plus it is also easy to find used games, rare games, and when you trade in games to then you get credit that you can use anywhere on Amazon. trade in Halo and buy a microwave..pretty sweet deal.

Ebay: once again buy from someone with a high posistive score, if someone has a score of 12 with a 80% posistive rating, yah don't buy from that guy, but you can deals and crazy things there.

Frys: these guys have everything, kinda harder to find slightly older games, but they have a ton of deluxe sets, guides, and every cool accessory that you can ever find.

BestBuy/FYE/Target/Toysrus/Sears: these guys are lumped together since they all do the same thing, get in, get out..they might discount their stuff quicker at a better rate. And you have  abetter chance of being helped by a gamer who has a clue.

If you have any other ideas, put them down in the comments, lets spread the world.

So as you can see, it baffles me why people still shop at Ga*mestop, maybe it's convince, maybe it's instant gratification. But with smart phones you don't need that anymore, get an amazon or ebay app and your real. Let's all wake up and stop shopping their and maybe just maybe we can help change their practices some, or not..but I felt this had to be let out.


No comments:

Post a Comment