Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Arkham City after one day playing impression



So yesterday I got my copy of Arkham City from Bestbuy, why did I go there..? I had a 15$ credit and it allowed me to play as Robin early before everyone else. First thing I will say is, yes I have heard you can't play as CatWoman if you by the game used, but you can it will just be 9.99$ on your XBL or PSN, so stop whining.  Secondly I will try to be as spoiler free as possible. Funny thing is there is no real instructions(not surprised) but there is code for a Beta Key to some Batman MMO and where you can by Arkham City Swag.

So Arkham City is of course the sequel to Arkham Aylsum, this time the game is more open world sandbox-ish, which as Batman, I had a lot more fun with, rope grapple around is so much more fun while staring at the very very well painted backgrounds. Plus it makes it easier to find a spot and hang baddies upside down.

Cat Woman is here as well having her own story line, but it fits into the main story line because Batman will have times where he get really really knoicked out and thats when you play as CatWoman, will their stories converge, I would like to hop so, tag team boss battleing sounds very awesome, anyway back to the Bat. She also comes with 2 other outfits: Catwoman from the Animated Series and "Halloween CatWoman" which like some purple elf thing gone wrong/ Also as a side note seriously, massive fan service with here with her...

Now my copy came with early access to Robin, you can get robin as a kid or as an adult., now this is the 2nd Robin aka Tim Drake, I will spoil that you can play as Nightwing some time later, since he has his own trophies.  But you can only play as Robin in the challenge maps, which is fun and all but I was disappointed I would of liked to actually play as kick ass looking Adult Robin for his own real missions

The creators have made it so you don't have to be in "Detective Mode" the whole game, and enjoy the scenery, but trust me you will be in the mode a-lot, I don't remember if this was in the first game, and if it was excuse me, it's been a while, but now the mode has other features- You can ayanlize crime scenes for clues to help with side quests(more on those in a second), and there is a feature now where you can GPS tag the location of Ridder trophies, which is so very usefull because well getting into all of his antics in a second as well.

Combat is the same as before, I didn't see a lot of things changed, which is perfect since the previous combat system was almost flawless, countering does seem a little bit easier, but that might just be me. I like the addition of smoke pellets to help when you are getting shot to hell.

Now there are side quests, and a lot of them which will take you all over the City swinging around: saving people, blowing up stuff, and answering phones-yes I know that last one is strange but just trust me on it. It is easy to get distracted from the main story while doing all of these, but it's very simple to get on track because unless you specifically go looking for them, they will just appear as your going from one main point to another main point, and your map allows you to set the quest starting area as a way point if you ever get lost.

Now we go to the Riddler, and he is back. I guess someone thought we had it to easy in Aylsum, since this time there are over 400 Riddler Trophy's, challenges and Riddles to answer. Some of the trophy's are very easy, just out in the open, or behind a breakable way. Other require you to do puzzle that will drive you MAD, so I don't see my self finishing all of them. There are also riddles that you can figure out as you transverse along, once again some easy some hard. Some of the challenges are like fly this distance, or do this in combat, there is also cameras all around the city, you get trophys for blowing those up as well. Also Catwoman has her own set of trophies. The most annoying thing is the Riddler has thugs working in the other gangs and they will show you locations of clues and trohpies, but you have to not knock them out when fighting a group of people, this has lead to me getting my ass kicked more than once. This wouldn't be a problem expect a lot of all the cool collectibles are based on collecting the Riddlers stuff, but I am not a huge collection whore so it is okay.

They also added an EXP and upgrade system, you just get EXP by finishing mission, finding collectibles and comboing really good in fights, you use the EXP to power up your gadgets, moves and your suit also powering up your Feline friend. Trust me you won't need to grind for EXP, but I do recommend using your level up points on the armor upgrades.

Collectibles are 3D character model trophies, story's about how people got to where they are, also concept art, actually it's just those but there are a-lot of them..

I will be writing more as I continue since I am only about 50-60% through the main story line, but don't be left behind and grab this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment