Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sideways:NewYork, making spary painting fun!! Not..really..






So I tried out Sideways Newyork the demo. This game is a fusion of MegaMan Side Scrolling jumping with all the Graffiti from Jet Set Radio mall with music by Skull Candy and some other  Rapping DJ, and if you didn't know it was done by Skull Candy you will be reminded since they logo them selves everywhere.

I couldn't grasp the story expect this Alternate Dimension is run by kidnapper Graffiti demon things, and you have to save some girl, which I would guess is your girlfriend.SO you gain spray painted powers as you move along, using the paint to make platforms and using them to defeat little bad guys coming along. Now as your going along you might get lost, but don't worry there are little tags that you collect and if you roam around and see none, then you have gone the wrong way, so don't worry as the stage flips about getting confused.

The music is very hip hop ish, as I would expect given the basis of the game, but the music gets very repeative with very little change in tempo or style, so if you like listening to the same song for 15mins as you spray paint, enjoy.

In the end, I have nothing really posistive to say about this game, could some people like it, of course..but not me, I am just happy it wa s ademo..because if I had guess and paided real money, I would of been super pissed..

No comments:

Post a Comment