Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Left 4 Dead 2, late to the party..



So yes I know I am a little late to the Party on this one, considering most everyone has talked about this game, but I figured I would give you my take on it. If I mess the story part I qoute I apologize, I haven't looked to much into it or read the book..

Before I go any further, the main reason I play this is because I have watched all of the Let's Play's that the Team Four Star Guys do, they got me addicted to this game. Check out their Let's Plays here: TFS Let's plays

First off I have not played Left 4 Dead, the reason is that I got L4D2 on sale on Steam, would I liek to play the first one, yes I would like to.

Anyway, like most games, you a random group of people throwing together to survive a total fucking zombie end of the world disaster, which I think was started by a group called CEDA, sounds like Resident Evil stuff to me. Anyway you are:

Coach: Literally a Coach, seems to be the more experience of the group
Nick: Seems like he is a sacarastic guy from Vegas-ish
Rochelle: I heard she was a laywer
Ellis: Red Neck with a crazy sense of humor

Anyway when you play the game you can choose between : Campaign, Single Player, Survival, VS mode, and Realism. I personally have only done Single Player and Campaign, mostly because I hear VS is a crazy beast, and I am okay..but not that good..

Now everyone has their own play style to this game, what kind of weapons and the like they prefer to hold.  Me I enjoy using shot guns, surprisingly I get better accuracy with them, I also enjoy the melee weapons as my 2nd weapon, since they don't have ammo, besides the chain saw the 2 best I have seen are the Katana and the Cricket bat-if I am wrong correct me. I also prefer Molotiov's- over pipe bombs and the boomer jars the later to attract zombies in giving you chance to kill them in groups, I enjoy fire my self. I also prefer having pills to adrenaline shots, because pills are quicker to take and last longer, unless I know I am in an area that I need to run..

In single Player, it is just you..you choose your character..you choose your Map, which there is a story to be told if you play the maps in order, I have no idea what the order is, expect I think the Map Dead Center is "first".  The PC AI's are kinda smart, they are good at protecting you, each other and not shooting you.  But they like to use all their health stuff on you and not save it for them selves, which is fine and all expect when they die..Single player does make it hard to get some of the achievements, since you will have to do all the achievement work, and rely on them not to let you get killed. But over all, if you don't play well with others, this mode will hold you over just fine.

In Campaign Mode, you can join games waiting on players or just jump into a game in progress.  I dislike games in progress since I usually get players whose weapons don't match my play style, so I am screwed with some weapons I am not good with till I reach a re-spawn area. The two big problems of working with other is first; people who just like to charge ahead to get more kills than everyone else, this is just bad since this is a team game and usually they get killed or everyone else gets over run and they are to far away to help, plus only like 3 of the achievements are for kills..Secondly are ass holes with microphones..anyone who have every played a game knows that there are assholes with microphones and just love letting you know of their greatness..are all microphones users assholes, no..I am clearly met some cool ones, but most of them seem to be.

Also for the modes you can go off and download custom maps, I have not done this yet since usually they are not on official servers and the ones they ar eon like to lag all to hell.

Well I enjoy playing this game despite all the things I dislike about it, seriously I would go pick it up on either Steam or the XBOX if you haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment